When you’re planning your marketing campaign to affluent buyers, you need to do it strategically. First and foremost, you need to understand that affluent buyers do not make purchasing decisions in the same way as lower income clients. As with any sales conversation, you have to intimately understand your target audience. A couple of things you need to keep in mind is that these prospects should be those who have a clearly defined need for your product or service, appreciate the value offered by it, and be able to afford your product or service.
As affluent clients make purchasing decisions differently, you need to know what exactly these discerning customers want; and you need to get inside their head. Here are the top 5 desires of your higher end clients:
- Time: your affluent customers have money, so they won’t be impressed by the discounts or freebies you offer. What they don’t have, is a lot of time; so they are going to be interested in knowing how your product or service can help them save time in the process of getting the result they desire. This could be anything from outsourcing a particular task, or purchasing a product or service; what they are looking for primarily, is how they can save time with these investments.
- Convenience: Again, they are not looking for the cheapest option – in fact, that can be a huge turnoff; they will be willing to pay more, if it makes their life simpler. This could be in the form of done for you services, go-to-them services, flexible hours, offering onsite training or other services – in whatever way you can offer them more convenience, you should build that into your service offerings
- Results: Affluent customers demand results; they will pay top dollar for your services and products, if they are assured of achieving desired results. Just like they are not into wasting time, they are not into wasting money either. Never lose sight of the fact that they are not looking for the cheapest, but the best. When you market to such prospects, make sure to explain to them what kind of specific and measurable results they can expect with your product/service and how that specifically will create return on investment for them.
- Value: This is another thing affluent customers want; they are interested in knowing how your product or service will add value to their personal lives or businesses. Added value is the difference between the price of the finished product/service and the cost of the time and energy required by the customer to create the return on investment. Added value is the increase in value that a business creates by hiring you to provide them with services.
- Experience: Affluent customers are looking for an exceptional experience. This is one of the best ways to make your competition irrelevant. There are likely tons of people offering the exact same service as you, so as much as they are buying your service…they are also buying YOU. When you are able to provide them an brilliant experience, it will differentiate you from the others who may be able to deliver all the above mentioned things – and you have a much better opportunity to win over that customer. For this, you need to think out of the box – do things differently from your competition – make it fun and interesting, and your prospects are much more likely to sign with you.
I can assure you that if you incorporate these tips into your affluent marketing campaign, you can definitely expect better results.
Want help designing a high ROI affluent marketing campaign? Schedule a complimentary consultation to learn about our consulting services and training programs and how we can help you land more high paying clients.